Give Thanks on the Outer Banks
Gathering together around the dining room table with your closest family and friends are the kind of memories that make the holidays so special. This island holds so many fond memories for countless families. That’s what makes it a one-of-a-kind vacation destination for Thanksgiving. With nearly 600 vacation homes to choose from, Resort Realty has a magical getaway home to host both large and small family gatherings. Escape for the week and enjoy the fall events, amenities, and views that only the Outer Banks can provide. Here are our top reasons for visiting the Outer Banks this Thanksgiving…
• Room for everyone – Preparing for guests can add unwanted stress to the holidays. Skip the cleaning and rent a pristine vacation home with sleeping accommodations from 4 to 24 guests. Large dining room tables have plenty of seating for your loved ones without feeling cramped. Booking a getaway beach home ensures everyone has a comfortable space to rest, while still spending time together as a family.
• Well-equipped gourmet kitchens – You won’t have to worry about too many cooks in the kitchen when you stay in one of our rental homes with a gourmet kitchen. Many of our vacation homes include dual appliances, double ovens, large refrigerators, and spacious granite countertops for a pleasant cooking experience. You’ll feel like a top chef preparing dinner in one of these luxury kitchens.
• Dinner with a view – A waterfront view is the perfect backdrop to any holiday dinner. Enjoy morning coffee while watching the sunrise in an oceanfront home or see the sunset during dinner in one of our many soundfront homes. After your Thanksgiving meal, burn off some of that pumpkin pie with a walk on the beach. The fresh ocean air and scenic views will do you good!
• Stay Warm – Stay warm this Thanksgiving by snuggling up by the fireplace or taking a soak in the hot tub. A variety of our vacation homes include these must-have amenities for fall. We can’t think of a better way for the cook to relax after long productive day.
• Family Friendly Activities – The Outer Banks offers plenty of fun-filled events to enjoy with your family during Thanksgiving week. For the athletic members for your group, sign up for one of the three races taking place on Thanksgiving Day in Southern Shores, Nags Head, and Hatteras Village.
The day after Thanksgiving, get into the holiday spirt at the Winterlights Grand Illuminations. The Elizabethan Gardens will kick-off their holiday lights and display with local entertainment and refreshments for visitors starting at 6:00 pm. Don’t forget, many of our vacation homes include game and theatre rooms for ultimate game and movie nights with the entire family.
Start a new tradition and treat your family to an Outer Banks vacation and celebrate Thanksgiving by the sea!