25 OBX Rainy Day Activities
“Rain, rain go away” is the tune we’ve all been humming on the Outer Banks today. This week is looking pretty wet, but don’t let the weather put a damper your vacation! There are still plenty of Outer Banks activities to keep you entertained and occupied when you can’t be at the beach. Looking for things to do this week? Check out our Top 25 Rainy Day Activities!
1.Head to R/C Movies 10 Theater in Kill Devil Hills to watch the latest film
2. Visit the North Carolina Aquarium in Manteo
3. Challenge family and friends to a bowling competition at the OBX Bowling Center in Nags Head.
4. A few rounds of action packed laser tag at Gearworks Family Fun Center in Nags Head is a great way to spend a rainy afternoon.
6. Try out some new wines at Trio‘s wine stations in Kitty Hawk.
7. Enjoy a hot cup of specialty coffee at Front Porch Cafe in Kill Devil Hills, Nags Head, and Manteo.
8. Unleash your inner artist by signing up for a painting party hosted by Local Color.
9. Browse or buy the beautiful paintings and jewelry created by local artists at Seaside Art Gallery.
10. Take a tour at OBX Distilling to see the Kill Devil Rum making process in person and sample their rums.
11. Horse lovers can take a trip to the Wild Horse Museum in Corolla.
12. Take the kids to Life on a Sandbar for hair wraps, temporary tattoos, and crafts.
13. Entertain the kids with a trip to Pirates and Pixies Toy Store in Nags Head to pick out unique toys, books, and games.
14. Take a shopping trip to Tanger Outlet Mall. The covered awning makes it easy to dodge the rain between stores.
15. Sign up for a yoga class at Duck Village Yoga in the town of Duck.
16. Let the kid’s burn off some energy while learning at the Children At Play Museum in Kitty Hawk where they can play, paint, and pretend.
17. History buffs will love exploring the Fort Raleigh National Historic Site in Manteo to learn more about the colonists and their life on Roanoke Island.
18. Don’t miss out on mini-golf just because of a little rain. Play a round of 3D black lit mini golf at Destination Fun in Nags Head.
19. Cheer up with fro-yo and some surf videos at Surfin Spoon in Nags Head.
20. Take a jewelry making class at Studio 12 in Avon.
21. Get your puppy snuggles in by volunteering at the SPCA in Manteo.
22. Night owls can stop by the Jolly Roger Restaurant in Kill Devil Hills for nightly karaoke from 10 pm to 1 am.
23. Indulge on a rainy day with coffee and a specialty donut from Duck Donuts
24. Stop by the Kill Devil Hills, Manteo, or Hatteras Libraries for story time with the kids.
After all, a rainy day at the beach is better than a sunny day at the office! We hope you stay safe and dry this weekend