By the time July rolls around, the kids are out of school and summer is in full swing. Sure, you can think of a million reasons to take an Outer Banks vacation, but here are five reasons to choose July to visit the Outer Banks.Â
1. Something for the entire family-There are a ton of family-fun events going on during the month of July. View July Outer Banks events here.
2. Weather- July is one of the most inviting times of year on the OBX. With average temps between 80-90 degrees, and comfortable water temps the constant cool breezes off the Atlantic Ocean help keep things cool.Â View the current OBX weather and view our beach cam.
3. Spectacular Sunsets-Long days of summer also deliver Outer Banks visitors gorgeous nightly sunsets. Bring your cameras!
4. Activities Galore-Wild horse tours in Corolla, parasailing over the sound, kayak tours, andÂ nightly wine tastings are just a few of the activities offered during the month of July. View Outer Banks things-to-do to find something for everyone in your group.
5. Discover the Lost Colony-Continue the celebration of our nationâ€™s independence even after the fourth with a trip to see The Lost Colony outdoor drama. More than just legend-learn early Elizabethan history and the exploration of the original colonies.
What are you waiting for? Start planning yourÂ Outer Banks vacation for July today!