NO REFUNDS GIVEN- PLEASE SEE CANCELLATION POLICY BELOW #5
You will be charged 50% of the rate, admin fee, and tax, plus optional travel insurance when you complete your booking. If your reservation is arriving 60 days or less prior to arrival your card will be charged for the full amount. E-Check payments are available at no charge (not accepted 60 days or less prior to arrival). If you pay by credit card or debit card a convenience fee of $44.95 plus tax is applied to the amount charged by card. Or if you would like to pay by personal check, cashier's check, or money order please call us at 1-800-458-3830 to make your reservation over the phone. Our hours are Monday through Friday 8:30 am to 9:00 pm and Saturdays and Sundays 8:30 am to 5:00 pm.
LEASE AGREEMENT TERMS:
(Subject to cancellation if payment not received on or before due date)
This is a Vacation Rental Agreement under the North Carolina Vacation Rental Act (VRA). The rights and obligations of the parties to
this agreement are defined by law and include unique provisions permitting the disbursements of rent prior to tenancy and expedited eviction of Tenants. Your signature on this agreement, or payment of money, or taking possession of the property after receipt of the agreement, is evidence of your acceptance of the agreement and your intent to use this property for a vacation rental.
Resort Realty of the Outer Banks, Inc., hereinafter “Agent”, does hereby lease and rent to Tenant on behalf of the Owner that certain Property described above, under the following terms and conditions including all terms and conditions of the North Carolina Vacation Rental Act as well as Rules & Regulations described in our current rental brochure and website. Resort Realty as Agent for the Owner is representing the interest of the Owner in this transaction.
- RESERVATION OFFERS TRIP CANCELLATION INSURANCE: This is available to citizens Worldwide apart from CUBA. The trip cancellation insurance is intended to protect the Tenant’s travel investment in the event of unforeseen circumstances, which would cause cancellation. The tenant will be provided with a document detailing the plan including, what circumstances are covered, which will also serve as a Certificate of Insurance and Description of Services. The tenant has 14 days after receiving the Certificate of Insurance and Description of Services to cancel the trip cancellation insurance. If the Tenant chooses to cancel service within said 14 days, the amount of the insurance premium will be refunded to the Tenant or credited to the balance. After this 14-day period, the paid insurance premium is non-refundable. This coverage is OPTIONAL.
- ADVANCE PAYMENT: as set forth above, the advance rental payments along with the signed vacation rental agreement must be returned to Resort Realty within three (3) days of the date you communicated to the Agent to reserve the property. If the vacation rental agreement or the advance rent payment are not returned to Resort Realty within the allotted time, the reservation will be automatically canceled without notice. A copy of the fully executed lease will be returned to the leaseholder upon Tenant's request. If the reservation is made within 45 days of arrival, the signed vacation rental agreement and full payment will be due immediately.
- BALANCE DUE: including taxes and any fees for added goods and/or services, must be received by Resort Realty 45 days prior to arrival. If the balance is not received 45 days prior to arrival, Resort Realty shall have the right, without further notification, to deem the reservation canceled with all pre-payment(s) subject to Resort Realty’s termination policy set forth in Section 13. Acceptable forms of payment should be submitted in US FUNDS and include; personal check, online e-check payment, cashier’s check, and/or approved debit or credit cards (Visa/MasterCard/Discover). Please note, e-checks will NOT be accepted within 60 days of arrival. All credit card transactions are subject to a third-party convenience fee of $44.95 plus tax per transaction (subject to change). NO PERSONAL OR COMPANY CHECKS WILL BE ACCEPTED WITHIN THE 45 DAY PERIOD PRIOR TO CHECK-IN. A $25.00 handling fee will be charged for all returned checks. For reservations made less than 45 days prior to check-in, all funds, or total as shown above are due immediately. ALL RESERVATIONS MUST BE PAID IN FULL PRIOR TO CHECK-IN AND POSSESSION TAKEN OF THE PREMISES.
- ALL ADVANCE RENT PAYMENTS, BALANCES, AND OTHER PAYMENTS ARE DEPOSITED IN RESORT REALTY’S INTEREST-BEARING TRUST ACCOUNT AT FIRST BANK IN KILL DEVIL HILLS, NC, WITH ALL INTEREST ACCRUED PAYABLE TO RESORT REALTY. AT THE TIME OF RECEIPT, UP TO FIFTY PERCENT (50%) OF THE RENTAL RATE MAY BE DISBURSED. The balance of the funds after disbursal of advance rent payment may be disbursed upon commencement of the tenancy, a material breach of the agreement or other occurrence set forth in Section 42A-16(a) of the Vacation Rental Act, except administrative fees which may be disbursed upon receipt.
- CANCELLATIONS: must be made in writing and received by Resort Realty prior to check in. Refunds are available only if the property is re-rented. Tenant is responsible for verifying that the cancellation letter has been received by Resort Realty. If Resort Realty is unable to re-rent the property, any and all prepaid rental payments, administrative fees, and taxes due, will be forfeited. If the property is re-rented for full term of the original rental period, Tenant will receive a refund of any prepaid rental payment, less a service charge of $125.00. If the property is re-rented for only a part of the original rental period, the only refund due to the canceling Tenant are those funds in excess of the original rental rate, less a service charge of $125.00. If the rental rate has been negotiated to a lower rental rate, Tenant is only refunded any amount in excess of the original lease amount, less a service charge of $125.00. If Tenant has purchased the Trip Cancellation Insurance, the premium is non-refundable. Refunds will be payable to Tenant within 30 days after the subsequent re-rent payment has cleared our accounts. Tenant will be entitled to reimbursement of any fees paid to Agent for goods, services, or benefits procured by the Agent from third-parties for the benefit of Tenant that have not been paid out prior to Resort Realty receiving the written notice of cancellation.
- THIS SECTION ONLY APPLIES TO SIGNATURE SERIES PROPERTIES: For properties designated as Signature Series, Tenant hereby acknowledges and agrees that a housekeeper may be on premises of the property on turnover day to service the property. Tenant further agrees that access to the premises will be no sooner than 2:00 PM, unless specific check in time is noted on property description, directly at property and check out is to be no later than 10:00 AM on check out day. Upon arrival, if a housekeeper is on premise, Tenant will notify and take direction from the housekeeper as to which part of premises are ready for occupancy and only occupy those portions, and to include pool and/or hot tub. The housekeeper will notify Tenant as soon as remainder of property is ready for occupancy. Linens and Towels will be provided for all advertised bedding and beds will be made, on your day of check-in, except for bunk beds (any type), sleeper sofas, and trundles. 1 Towel Set will be provided per person for the advertised occupancy. 1 Towel Set includes 1 bath towel and 1 wash cloth. Each full bathroom will receive 1 hand towel and 1 bath mat. Every half bath will receive 1 hand towel.
- LINENS PROVIDED: For those properties that have linens provided, linens and towels will be provided for all advertised bedding and 1 Towel Set will be provided per person for the advertised occupancy. 1 Towel Set includes 1 bath towel and 1 wash cloth. Each full bathroom will receive 1 hand towel and 1 bath mat. Every half bath will receive 1 hand towel. Optional Bed Making, when purchased separately, will provide a bed making service on your check-in day, except for bunk beds (any type), sleeper sofas and trundle
s. Tenant may also purchase additional towel sets. For prices, or to arrange any of these extra services, please contact our office as they must be ordered and paid for up to 2 weeks prior to your check-in date. Any laundering needed during your stay will be the responsibility of the guests.
- OPTIONAL LINEN PACKAGE: For those properties that do not have Linens Provided, Tenant may purchase the Optional Linen Package at an additional cost. Linens and towels will be provided for all advertised bedding. 1 Towel Set will be provided per person for the advertised occupancy. 1 Towel Set includes 1 bath towel and 1 wash cloth. Each full bathroom will receive 1 hand towel and 1 bath mat. Every half bath will receive 1 hand towel. Optional Bed Making, when purchased separately, will provide a bed making service on your check-in day, except for bunk beds (any type), sleeper sofas and trundle
s. Tenant may also purchase additional towel sets. For prices, or to arrange any of these extra services, please contact our office as they must be ordered and paid for up to 2 weeks prior to your check-in date. Any laundering needed during your stay will be the responsibility of the guests.
- TAXES: as required by North Carolina including the collection of a Sales and Use Tax (6.75%) and an Occupancy Tax (6%) on all fees for goods and services charged to Tenants, including the rental fee set forth above will be collected from you. Taxes are subject to change.
- PET POLICY: (A) Pets. Pets are not permitted in any of the rental properties except for designated pet properties. Violation is a material breach and is grounds for immediate EVICTION. NO EXCEPTIONS - NO REFUNDS. For those designated properties that do allow pets there is an additional non-refundable fee. Pets shall be limited to two (2) domestic, housebroken, nondestructive adult dogs (no puppies or any other type of animal). Local Government regulations regarding pets change constantly. Some do not allow dogs on the beaches at all and others only in the off season. (B) Assistance Animals. If any Tenant has a need for an assistance animal to alleviate one or more identified systems or effect of an existing disability, Tenant shall be permitted to keep an assistance animal of the type described below on the Premises on the following terms:
- Description of Permitted Animal.
- The animal may be removed if the Owner or its Agent determines that the animal poses a direct threat to the health or safety of others that cannot be eliminated, or the animal would cause substantial physical damage to the property of others that cannot be reduced or eliminated. Tenant agrees to reimburse Owner and Agent for any primary or secondary damages caused by any assistance animal kept by Tenant on the Premises, whether the damage is to the Premises or to any common areas used in conjunction with them. Tenant further agrees to indemnify and hold Owner and Owner’s Agents harmless from any liability to third parties which may result from the Tenant’s keeping of such pet.
- FAMILY GROUPS/NO SPECIAL EVENTS: Resort Realty is authorized, through their contract with the Owner, to rent only to family groups and only to allow Special Events in homes that authorize Special Events after paying a Special Event Fee. The Tenant shown above acknowledges that he/she is at least 24 years old and understands that he/she must personally occupy the property for the entire period. Tenant further acknowledges that he/she may not rent the Property in connection with a non-family use such as a high school, college, or civic group and to do so constitutes a material breach which would be grounds for immediate EVICTION. Furthermore, the home may not be used for Special Events such as, but not limited to, weddings, anniversaries, birthday parties and family reunions unless the home specially authorizes those uses and, a Special Event Fee is paid pursuant to an Event Home Amendment to this Lease Agreement. NO EXCEPTIONS, NO REFUNDS. PROPERTIES ARE PATROLLED ON A REGULAR BASIS. N.C. GEN. STAT. 14-100 MAKES IT A CRIME TO OBTAIN THIS RENTAL PROPERTY UNDER FALSE PRETENSES.
- MAXIMUM OCCUPANCY: as advertised, must not be exceeded. Occupancy count does not include children under the age of three. The hosting of parties, which would increase maximum occupancy in the home, on decks, stairs or anywhere on the property, is a violation of your vacation rental agreement. OVER OCCUPIED PROPERTIES CONSTITUTES A MATERIAL BREACH AND ARE SUBJECT TO IMMEDIATE EVICTION. NO REFUNDS, NO EXCEPTIONS.
- TERMINATION: If Tenant or any member of his/her party violates any of the terms of this agreement, then Agent may, at Agent’s sole discretion, terminate this lease with no refund of the unused portion of the rents and may enter the premises and remove Tenant, the members of his/her party and their belongings. The North Carolina Vacation Rental Act contains provisions regarding an expedited eviction procedure pursuant to North Carolina General Statute Section 42A-23 et seq. Any material breach as set forth herein will entitle the Owner and/or Agent to apply for the expedited eviction procedures. A material breach shall include, but not be limited to, any failure to comply with the terms of this agreement by tenant or their guests, damage to the property or any portion thereof by the tenant or their guests, any illegal activity at the property by the tenant or their guests and failure to vacate as called for herein in a timely basis.
- TRANSFERS: Subject to Resort Realty’s approval, a one-time transfer may be made by Tenant from one week to another within the same property only and must be within the same calendar year. All requests for transfers must be made in writing and received by Resort Realty at least 45 days prior to check in. Transfers which occur from a higher rental rate to a lower rental rate will remain at the charge of the higher rental rate. Transfers from a lower rental rate to a higher rental rate will be charged the higher rental rate. There will be a $125.00 service fee plus tax and all payments will be due as specified in Item 3.
- DAMAGES: Tenant covenants and promises to surrender the property in as good and in the same condition as of commencement of the rental period, reasonable wear and tear excepted, and to reimburse Owner any amount to cover loss or damages, including attorney’s fees for all damages. Tenant agrees to verify inventory upon checking into house and further agrees to report any discrepancies to Resort Realty staff immediately. Agent, or Agent’s representatives, will inspect property upon Tenant’s departure and charge all costs for damages due to extra cleaning, repairs, or replacements. Damages to the Property during the occupancy are the Tenant’s responsibility and must be reported to Resort Realty immediately and paid for prior to departure. If the cost of the damages is undeterminable by the time of departure, the Tenant shall remain responsible for such costs and agrees to pay promptly when notified by Agent of assessed amount. Tax must be charged on the assessed damage amount. In homes with hot tubs or pools, Tenant will be charged for mid-week spa or pool cleaning resulting from overcrowding or misuse. Rearranging of furniture and relocation of grills is not permitted. TENANT MUST LEAVE PROPERTY IN GOOD CONDITION, ALL DISHES WASHED AND PUT AWAY, ALL FOOD REMOVED FROM REFRIGERATOR AND REFRIGERATOR WIPED CLEAN, AND ALL TRASH REMOVED FROM HOME.
- HOMES WHICH MIGHT REQUIRE A SECURITY DEPOSIT: Some of our properties may require a security deposit. The purpose of the security deposit is to guaranty the owner a source of funds to pay certain expenses and to cover cost of damage to the property or theft occurring during your occupancy. The security deposit shall be applied to certain costs, damages or theft as permitted pursuant to the North Carolina Tenant Security Deposit Act and the Vacation Rental Act and for your failure to comply with Section 15, above. After your occupancy, the premises will be inspected to determine if such damage or theft or failure to comply with Section 15, above, has occurred. Agent is obligated to apply, account for, or refund Tenant Security Deposit monies within 45 days following the conclusion of the tenancy. You, as Tenant, are obligated to notify Agent of any damage or theft which occurs during your tenancy.
- PRIVATE POOLS, COMMUNITY POOLS AND HOT TUBS: Many of our homes feature private pools, (some heated; check property description) and hot tubs for your vacation enjoyment and may incur an additional per week charge, please check the property description for price. Pool heaters will warm a pool to the operating temperature of 75-85 degrees Fahrenheit in 24-48 hours - depending upon the ambient air temperature. If the outside temperature at your vacation home drops below 55 degrees Fahrenheit, then the pool heater will not operate, and the pool will not be heated. If the overnight temperature drops below 50, the pool may not be able to return to the operating temperature range during the following day. All guests should note that pool heat cannot be guaranteed, as sometimes mechanical devices fail, or environmental factors will not allow the pools to be heated. Guests must notify the company of failure of pool heat on the day, so that the temperature or the equipment can be checked by personnel. Unheated Pools will be available: 04/15/22 to 10/09/22. Heated pools are available from: 04/01/22 to 10/16/22 Pools will not be available outside of these scheduled dates unless noted in property description. Hot tubs are available year-round unless otherwise indicated in property description. Pool and hot tubs are chemically serviced and cleaned regularly. It is the guests’ responsibility to follow the posted rules for the pool and hot tub. Homes which are not equipped with hot tubs do not allow rental of soft spas/hot tubs by guests due to possible electrical and/or structural damage. Community Pool policies, including dates of availability, are determined by the individual Homeowner Associations, not by Resort Realty and are subject to change. Community Pools are not heated and are normally open Memorial Day to Labor Day, but please check with one of our vacation specialists about the open and close dates for the particular property you are inquiring about.
- INSPECTION AND REPAIRS: To property, its fixtures, appliances, furnishings, and facilities may be made by Owner, Agent or Agent’s subcontractor(s) during the rental period. Tenant will allow access to the Premises to Resort Realty, to repairmen, and to other real estate Agents and potential buyers upon reasonable notice except in cases of emergency. Resort Realty will make every effort to schedule access to the Property so as to not unduly interfere with Tenant’s vacation, but Tenant understands that such access must be granted upon request.
- CHECK IN: is guaranteed by 6:00 PM on the arrival date at the check in office described herein, unless your property is a Signature Series home as stated in Section 6 or a Keyless Entry home. In extreme situations check in time may need to be extended past 6:00 PM for additional cleaning and regular maintenance. Tenant shall not be on the Property, including driveways, outside showers, pools, and hot tubs prior to check in. If available, Early Check In can be added for an additional $125 plus tax. Please contact reservations department to check availability, order, and pay no later than 2 weeks prior to your check-in date. TENANT MAY BE CHARGED UP TO AN ADDITIONAL 1 DAY RENTAL IF PROPERTY IS OCCUPIED PRIOR TO CHECK IN. Keys will not be released nor will Keyless Entry codes be activated until stated check in time.
- CHECK OUT: on the day of departure will be no later than 10:00 AM. Keyless entry codes will expire no earlier than 10:00 AM. If keys were provided, Tenant may leave keys in the property on check out day. Make sure to lock all windows and doors and that ALL trash has been removed. No occupancy of the property, including driveways, outside showers, pools, and hot tubs after check out will be allowed. If available, Late Check Out can be added for an additional $125 plus tax. Please contact the reservations department to check availability, order, and pay no later than 2 weeks prior to your check-in date. Tenant shall not be on the Property, including driveways, outside showers, pools, and hot tubs after check out. TENANT MAY BE CHARGED UP TO AN ADDITIONAL 1 DAY RENTAL IF PROPERTY IS OCCUPIED AFTER CHECK OUT.
- MISCELLANEOUS: Agent may accept commissions from independent businesses for goods and services pertaining to the property or the tenancy, such commissions being based on a percentage of the total charge. Agent/Owner is not responsible for items left behind after check out by Tenant or any member of their party.
- LIMITATIONS OF REMEDIES, DAMAGES, AND INDEMNITY:
- In the event that the Owner is unable to allow the Tenant the use of said Property because of fire, eminent domain, act of nature, double booking, foreclosures, delay in construction or any other reason whatsoever, Tenant hereby agrees that Agent and Owner’s sole liability as a result of any such condition is a refund of the prorated rental for each day Tenant is unable to use the Property. Except as otherwise provided in this section, if, at the time the Tenant is to begin occupancy of the property, the Owner or Agent cannot provide the property in a fit and habitable condition or substitute a reasonably (priced) comparable property in such condition, the Owner and Agent shall refund the Tenant all payments made by Tenant.
- Tenant understands there are inherent risks associated with any property, including risks associated with any special feature, such as a spa, hot tub, sauna, Jacuzzi, pool, etc. Tenant certifies that they are thoroughly familiar with how to properly use the Premises including all special features included therein or thereon. Tenant will be responsible to explain to Tenant’s guests how to use each and every feature of the dwelling. Tenant hereby releases and agrees to indemnify the Owner and Resort Realty, their Agents, employees and officers from and against all liability, should anyone be injured upon the Premises during the term of this lease, resulting from any cause whatsoever, except for a personal injury caused solely by the negligent act of the Owner, or his Agent or Agent’s employees. Tenant further agrees to indemnify and save harmless Owner, Resort Realty, their officers, Agents and employees from any claims made by Tenant or Tenant’s guests for injury or liability to person or property. Tenant further agrees that Tenant is responsible and will be liable for, and will pay upon request, any damages that occur to the Premises or any portion thereof due to Tenant or Tenant’s guests misuse and/or negligent use of the Premises or any portion thereof.
- Tenant shall not be entitled to any refund or rebate due to any acts of nature, wildlife or pests, delay in checking in, inability of Tenant to access the Property for any reason, unfavorable weather, disruption of internet or utility services, malfunctioning or missing equipment/appliances/furnishings, surrounding construction and associated noise, beach nourishment construction, empty propane gas cylinders for fireplaces or gas grills, the fact that pets, including but not limited to, service animals have been in the property, or any other situation occurring not under Agent’s control. Tenant covenants and agrees to vacate upon a mandatory evacuation order or if Agent in Agent’s sole discretion, deems it in the best interest of the Tenant to vacate. The Tenant shall not be entitled to a refund if prior to taking possession of the property the Tenant refused trip cancellation insurance offered by the Owner or Agent that would have compensated him or her for losses or damages resulting from the loss of the property due to a mandatory evacuation or if the Tenant purchased trip cancellation insurance offered by the Owner or Agent. In the event of a Mandatory Evacuation the rentals will be governed by the Provisions of North Carolina General Statues 42A-36. TRIP CANCELLATION INSURANCE IS HIGHLY RECOMMENDED TO PROTECT AGAINST UNEXPECTED EVENTS.
- Every effort has been made to ensure that the information in this agreement, Rental Brochure, and website are correct. However, we will not be responsible for any errors contained herein.
- Properties represented may be owned by a North Carolina Real Estate Broker or Salesman or a licensee of another State.
- If the Property is voluntarily transferred by the Owner, a Tenant has the right to enforce this agreement against the Grantee of the Property if the vacation rental is to end one hundred eighty (180) days or less after the date the Grantee’s interest in the Property is recorded; if the vacation rental is to end more than one hundred eighty (180) days after recordation of the Grantee’s interest in the Property, the Tenant has no right to enforce the terms of this agreement unless the Grantee agrees in writing to honor this agreement. If the Grantee does not honor this agreement, the Tenant is entitled to a full refund of any payments made. Prior to entering in to any contract of sale, the Owner shall disclose to the grantee the time periods that the property is subject to a vacation rental agreement. Not later than 10 days after transfer of the property (1) the Owner shall disclose to the grantee each Tenant’s name and address. (2) Advise each Tenant whether or he/she has the right occupy the property (3) advise each Tenant whether he/she has the right to receive a refund. Except as otherwise provided in this subsection, upon termination of the Owner’s interest in the residential property subject to a vacation rental agreement, whether by sale, assignment, death, appointment of receiver otherwise, the Owner or the Owner’s Agent, or real estate broker, shall within 30 days, transfer all advance rent paid by the Tenant and any portion of the fees remaining after any lawful deductions are made under G.S 42A-16, to the Tenant. Compliance with this subsection shall relieve the Owner and Agent of further liability with respect to any payment of rent or fees. If prior to the Tenant’s occupancy of the property the Owner’s interest in the property is involuntarily transferred to another, the Owner shall refund to the Tenant within 60 days after the transfer any payments made by the Tenant. The failure of Owner to comply with the provisions of this section shall constitute an unfair trade practice in violation of G.S 75-1.1. Owner who complies with the requirements of this section shall have no further obligations to the Tenant.
- Tenant is advised that many homes and some homeowners associations have cameras covering the exterior of the buildings. By execution of this Lease Agreement, Tenant consents on behalf of yourself and all other occupants to the use of such.
THIS IS A VACATION RENTAL AGREEMENT UNDER THE NORTH CAROLINA VACATION RENTAL ACT. THE RIGHTS AND OBLIGATIONS OF THE PARTIES TO THIS AGREEMENT ARE DEFINED BY LAW AND INCLUDE UNIQUE PROVISIONS PERMITTING THE DISBURSEMENT OF RENT PRIOR TO TENANCY AND EXPEDITED EVICTION OF TENANTS. YOUR SIGNATURE ON THIS AGREEMENT, OR PAYMENT OF MONEY, OR TAKING POSSESSION OF THE PROPERTY AFTER RECEIPT OF THE AGREEMENT, IS EVIDENCE OF YOUR ACCEPTANCE OF THE AGREEMENT AND YOUR INTENT TO USE THIS PROPERTY FOR A VACATION RENTAL. In witness whereof,
this agreement is executed by party hereto. Tenant acknowledges and accepts all terms as set forth in this agreement, and the rules and regulations below. Your signature is evidence of acceptance of this agreement and of the total amount due of $XX.XX. Tenant also acknowledges that Agent is representing the property Owner of each home in the rental program.
RESORT REALTY OF THE OUTER BANKS, INC. RESORT REALTY RULES, REGULATIONS, AND INFORMATION:
- KEYS (2 sets) will be issued to the leaseholder at check in, along with directions to the property. Most homes offer keyless entry, if your property has keyless entry, you will be issued a code for the duration of your stay.
- EQUIPMENT AND FURNISHINGS in all properties is the Owner’s personal taste. Properties are set up for normal housekeeping. Kitchen equipment, mattress pads, pillows, and bedspreads are provided.
- GUEST will be responsible for furnishing their own paper products, cleaning supplies, food items and any personal items needed during their vacation.
- APPLIANCE MALFUNCTIONS and service requests from guest will be responded to as soon as possible. There are ABSOLUTELY NO REBATES issued to guests for any reason, as every good faith effort is made to ensure that the Property is maintained. This NO REBATE policy shall include the loss of use of TV, VCR, DVD, stereo, internet or Theater Room equipment, hot tub, pool, or any other household equipment due to mechanical failure, power outage, water system outage, Cable TV service disruption or any other electronic or entertainment system. No warranty is made, expressed or implied, as to the suitability (habitability) of the premises. Resort Realty is not responsible for changes, additions, or deletions of equipment in the properties.
- MAIL or messages will be held for Guest and may be picked up at the appropriate rental office during business hours. Please advise family and friends of your property name and number.
- PERSONAL ITEMS left in the home after check out are not the responsibility of Resort Realty.
- HOUSEKEEPING SERVICES may be purchased for mid-week and check out cleaning at an additional cost. Please contact the housekeeping department to check availability, order, and pay no later than 2 weeks prior to your check-in date.
- GRILLING is only permitted on concrete driveways with a minimum of 25 feet from the house. No grilling is allowed on decks, porches, and wooden walkways or in carports. Please leave grill cleaned and ashes dumped upon departure. Some homeowner and condo associations prohibit grilling on the premises. Grilling at a property that does not permit is a violation of the vacation rental agreement. Please check with Resort Realty to ensure that this is permitted if property does not advertise a grill.
- FIREPLACES are not to be used from May 10th through September 6th.
- FIREWORKS are not permitted on ANY of Resort Realty’s properties.
- EMERGENCY AFTER HOURS PHONE NUMBER will be supplied to guests with their pre-arrival information. Please utilize this number for TRUE emergencies only.
- SMOKE ALARMS: Guest acknowledges that he/she will report any malfunction in these items promptly to Agent and will hold Agent harmless if he/she has not done so.
- INTERNET: If your property provides internet access, Tenant agrees that neither Tenant nor any of Tenant’s guests will use the internet for any illegal or fraudulent activity or for any improper purposes including copyright or trademark infringement, spamming, hacking, or any threatening behavior including, but not limited to, any such improper behavior as defined in the Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998. There are no refunds for outages or disruptions of internet service.
- PARKING/RV’S/BOATS: Normal parking spaces available at rental homes are one vehicle per bedroom, with a maximum of five vehicles. However, there are numerous rental properties that have fewer actual spaces for vehicular parking. Most condominiums usually only have enough parking for two vehicles per individual condominium. Please note that parking restrictions are STRICTLY ENFORCED in almost all areas of the Outer Banks. Do not park on the street in front of your rental property. If you do so, you risk being towed or ticketed. Local ordinance of the municipalities and counties prohibit the connection of RV’s or use of RVs for occupancy purposes. Certain subdivisions also prohibit the parking of RVs in driveways of properties and many subdivisions have very strict rules regarding trailers, i.e., motorcycle trailers, boat trailers, Jet Ski trailers that must also be complied with. We recommend that you review the Restrictive Covenants of the subdivision and/or condominium project where your rental unit is located in order to get a better understanding of the rules that you must comply with. Resort Realty is not responsible for and will NOT provide you copies of these Covenants.